Friday, January 07, 2011

India: Keep your number and switch mobile provider!

Over the past few weeks, I noticed that customer service from Aircel was improving.
I wanted to blog about it, and today I found the reason for it! See title! Additional details!

It kind of leaves a tinge of disappointment as I assumed it was because of leadership direction.

Mostly, necessity drives things in India – and in that context, I am wondering why this TRAI change too so long to implement! This is something that has always been available for western countries.

Some things Aircel did in this period – and I am sure in this context, it would have been the case with other providers:
1) This new year / Christmas, they did not send an SMS stating “All SMSes for 25th Dec / 31st Dec will be charged at 50 paise. FYI in case you’re enjoying some special benefit”
2) They took a survey asking if I was satisfied with their services. I replied with “No”
3) They sent an SMS giving me a one step way to opt for an ebill. Radha was trying to get this done through umpteen calls with customer service!

For corporations, money is king! Customer comes second!

No comments:

 
Web Analytics