Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The one with the 1000th post

I don't exactly recall when I started loving writing. I used to store a lot of what I used to write in a word document and share it with just a select set of folks. Once I discovered blogging, I realized that it naturally fit with what I was doing. This was Dec 2004 I think.

This post is the 1000th post in the ED "blog umbrella". One quote which fascinates me a lot is "A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step". Even when I read it, without realizing the stature of the person who mentioned it, I knew it was a divinely inspired quote. I never had 1000 posts as a goal but here now it is because it was "one post at a time". If anything, I probably should use it to remind me that patience yields returns.

Over this period, there were few posts for which I spent an inordinate amount of time because the post required it. There were some posts that happened because of a burst of inspiration. Some posts were an intersection of both. I have marked them as "passionate". Duh!

Though I did not target 1000 posts, I do not know what to do from here. Some one reminded me today that my posts are full of "opinions". I can't disagree. I also read some time back that opinion directly translates to self importance. In some way, I think blogging in itself is narcissistic in nature. See - another opinion! There are always exceptions - people who have something genuinely valuable to share. I don't think I fall into that category!

I can't stop writing yet, but I want to pause and think - "What is the point of all this anyway?". It is a good "opinion" checkpoint!


[Ironically, I remember talking to another blogger a long time ago and telling that person - "What a highly opinionated blog you have!". LOL]

4 comments:

Ramsi said...

"Opinions" - LOL :)

Anupama said...

How can I convey "like" without sounding cheesy.... There isn't, so here goes... Me like deepakkt.blogspot.com and reading the 'pinions.

"What is the point of all this anyway?" None. Maybe they are milestones, maybe not.

Deepak said...

Akka,
Not cheesy at all! Thanks! :)

Yeah, don't really know what to say. Wasn't a goal, but feels like a milestone - all a little confusing :)

Ramsi said...

"Opinions" - LOL :)

 
Web Analytics