Thursday, February 18, 2010

imint

At a fuel station today, some one came over and handed out an imint card. I am guessing you would have heard about this already?

Was doing some research about their rewards. See an approximate table matrix below. May slightly vary by product and location etc.



 So, in average, the reward is 0.5%. So, when they priced an Omega watch as 267700 points (which costs approx 82000 Rs), I should have spent ~1.4 Crore rupees to claim that. Seriously! Is it worth tracking the points for something as ridiculous as this?

Follow up post is here:

4 comments:

Vandana said...

Hi Deepak,
I am impressed that someone in India is doing such a brilliant work.

Honestly, I agree that you won't spend Rs.1.4 crores for a watch as a reward but having spend that kind of money in any case of things that you wanted for your family or otherwise, would you mind getting a REWARD of a Watch that is so very aspirational to you and me and many more.


Kudos to i-mint for bringing so much value addition to a customer like me. With so many places that the i-mint card is accepted today, I am already planning a LCD TV as my reward by the end of this year.

Cheers!!

Anupama said...

Vandana! i-mint franchisee/promoter? Otherwise, I find these things of the amway league! Useless and time consuming.

My mother regularly puts rate-cutter for say Rs123 and how much do I save by making Re1 for Rs0.50? 122!

Its crazy, there's no way to track these "benefit"ty things.

Deepak said...

Vandana,
Anupama beat me to the response. I was going to ask if you were an imint employee :) - lighter note of course!

Anyway, my response is here:

Good luck with the LCD TV!

Vandana said...

Hi Deepak,
I am impressed that someone in India is doing such a brilliant work.

Honestly, I agree that you won't spend Rs.1.4 crores for a watch as a reward but having spend that kind of money in any case of things that you wanted for your family or otherwise, would you mind getting a REWARD of a Watch that is so very aspirational to you and me and many more.


Kudos to i-mint for bringing so much value addition to a customer like me. With so many places that the i-mint card is accepted today, I am already planning a LCD TV as my reward by the end of this year.

Cheers!!

 
Web Analytics