Sunday, January 03, 2010

Three movies

Watched three movies this long weekend:

T3: Since watching T4, I thought I should keep up and watched this. T3 is more like an extension of T2 with a lady terminator this time. I liked the fact they ended the movie with judgement day (instead of a cliched humans save the day template).

The Shawshank Redemption: Perhaps the most underrated movie of all time. This is the third time I am watching this, and it is still as powerful. Passes on the strong message that no matter what your external circumstances, your internal circumstances are yours!

Batman Begins: Wondering how I had gotten by without watching this thus far. This "reboot" of Batman is awesome. Christopher Nolan is carving himself a very solid place in the Hollywood. The fact that he spent nearly an hour laying the ground work of how "Batman" comes to be is a master stroke! Needless to say, I am going to watch The Dark Night as well.

Got "Angels and Demons" (the book) as a gift. 600+ page book. Wondering when/how I am going to complete this!

3 comments:

Anupama said...

"Angels and Demons" is even better than "Da Vinci Code" actually. I loved the clues and the plot.
And the science-religion "fight" (if I can call it that) between the early church and the scientists have been bought out very well. And they missed that central point completely- in the movie!

It a really good book! And yes, the hero will "almost die" atleast a 100 times. (Reminds me of tamil movies) Dan Brown does that in all his books.

Shawshank Redemption is brilliant and the background score! There is this one scene in which Tim plays an opera on the jail broadcast and the narrator says "we didn't understand what the lady was singing, but for those few moments everyone in jail was a free man" goosebumps!

Alvy said...

Deception Point is my favorite of the three books of Dan Browns I have read. If you read this one, Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code you will see a common pattern of weaving the story the author has. Also its easier to relate to for those who dont know much about Christianity and related aspects.

I saw Shawshank just recently in World Movies. Inspite of my aversion to violence in any form on screen, I liked it for the message it registers in your mind

Alvy said...

Deception Point is my favorite of the three books of Dan Browns I have read. If you read this one, Angels and Demons and Da Vinci Code you will see a common pattern of weaving the story the author has. Also its easier to relate to for those who dont know much about Christianity and related aspects.

I saw Shawshank just recently in World Movies. Inspite of my aversion to violence in any form on screen, I liked it for the message it registers in your mind

 
Web Analytics