Monday, April 27, 2009

Professional Courier - not very professional!

I recently had to send an important document to Kolkata (Calcutta in WB). Being near my house, I sent it through professional courier. They gave me a receipt with a tracking number on it. I tried tracking with it but it never reported this as a valid consignment. So, I went back to the service station. They looked at the sheet and gave me a number to call to. I later called that number and was mildly rebuked for calling so early [I shipped the doc on Wednesday and called on Friday]. I told them I did not require delivery yet - just a status on the shipment. Of course, they weren't able to view it as well, but the lady said that it would have gone out for forwarding. Anyway, I later went back to the service station and enquired again. Same number - but I did not call. That document had a deadline to meet and I was wondering if it would make it.

Eventually on Monday [today as of writing], I got confirmation that the consignee received it (from the consignee, not from TPC). I tried the tracking exercise today and guess what I found!



That is so lame! After delivery, they are showing it as outbound. Why give a tracking number in the first place? Leave alone customer tracking - at least the employees should have access to status of the consignment. A few other things:

1) I booked this on Wednesday afternoon. I asked the booking lady if it would reach the next day. She was shocked and said it would take three days. I asked her if they do not air-ship the documents? She wasn't sure.

2) The booking lady owed me a balance, and she wrote it on the receipt (and signed it) to collect back another time. The next time, another lady was around, but she refused to settle and asked me to handle this with the same lady who owed the balance. Wow! [eventually settled - no issues]

At least, I am glad the doc reached fine. It appears you should book and pray! It also appears that mine was a milder form of issue. Several folks have kind things to say about TPC.




Anyway, I wouldn't have typed this note out if not for this blog post by Seth. I am not an "angry customer" nor am I seething during the typing of this post. I felt it made sense to leave some kind feedback for the service rendered. Don't all companies like feedback from the end customers - indirectly, if not directly!?!

Update [29-Apr-2009]: Contrast with Aramex.

Update [8-May-2009]: Apparently, they're still deilvering the package. LOL



9 comments:

udit said...

I agree Professional Services guys are not at all professional.. They have provided different numbers on consignment receipt and site. Many of them are wither wrong or someone's else.... I called the customer desk many desk and it got answered by auto computer reply and redirected to customer service but I never got any reply from them.

I dropped a mail also on the mail id provided on tpcindia.com but all in vain.

It is better not to send a courier or send using some other courier service after 2-3 days instead of sending through Profesional Couriers. You will never be able to trace your parcel otherwise,

Anonymous said...

I have been calling from last one hour and no one is attending the phone call. Tried to call there Corporate office and there regional office at Mumbai center. Tried all of there multiple phone numbers. There online tracking system is not identifying the consignment number. This is unbelievabale, I wanted to track the status of my courier and this is ridiculous. What kind of service is this. For any important documents, I would suggest to courier through FEDEX or DHL.

Kalyan said...

A consignment was sent to me in Hyderabad from Chennai on 31/1.It has reached Hyderabad but not delivered to me despite repeated requests as on 1/2 night and they say that it would be delivered tomorrow .They are very unprofessional.This is not the first time. Also they do not respond to Telephone calls easily.
Better to choose some other courier.
Kalyanaswamy 6.45pm 1/2/2011

Kalyan said...

A consignment was sent to me in Hyderabad from Chennai on 31/1.It has reached Hyderabad but not delivered to me despite repeated requests as on 1/2 night and they say that it would be delivered tomorrow .They are very unprofessional.This is not the first time. Also they do not respond to Telephone calls easily.
Better to choose some other courier.
Kalyanaswamy 6.45pm 1/2/2011

udit said...

I agree Professional Services guys are not at all professional.. They have provided different numbers on consignment receipt and site. Many of them are wither wrong or someone's else.... I called the customer desk many desk and it got answered by auto computer reply and redirected to customer service but I never got any reply from them.

I dropped a mail also on the mail id provided on tpcindia.com but all in vain.

It is better not to send a courier or send using some other courier service after 2-3 days instead of sending through Profesional Couriers. You will never be able to trace your parcel otherwise,

Yaswub said...

IDIOTIC SERVICE

Ashish said...

Every indian courier company employs delivery people, managers/supervisors who are pachvi fail...It is wrong on our part to expect any professional behavior from them?

naveen said...

www.easytrackstatus.blogdspot.in
you can track courier, Credit card,debit status, PAN,Visa,Passport etc application status through this website
easytrackstatus.blogpot.in

john smith said...

It can save consider able amount of money. courier

 
Web Analytics