Tuesday, July 08, 2008

The answer is blowin' in the wind

Read this article:

It is really painful to come across such articles. It is one kind when terror attacks happen. It is another kind when disasters / accidents happen. But when a life ebbs away due to sheer apathy - not sure what to say. The paper edition carried his smiling photograph as well and it was truly embarrassing to watch. Sadhguru used to ask us see other people as one's own kith and kin - and if I try to associate this person as my brother or my dad - it gives me the shudders.

This has been India's bane for a long long time now. I recall Bob Dylan's song ".. the answer my friend, is blowin' in the wind."

Isn't it about time that we evolve a policy where medical emergencies are just a call away, where public can help by just making that one call without fear of police or judicial entanglement? And isn't it about time that private hospitals take any medical emergency without redirecting it to a Govt hospital without fear of some police nonsense? And isn't it time that the absolutely nonsensical rule of registering a case prior to providing medical treatment goes away? And isn't it really time what we don't make an accident a movie picture where we drive away watching what is going on? I have only questions - without any answers. sad

No comments:

 
Web Analytics