Saturday, February 03, 2007

Pranic Food...

As part of our silence preparations, one of the recommendations was to eat only pranic food. Things were going fine - my mother was especially supportive as she cooked without onions, garlic, brinjals, green chillies or asafoetida. Day before yesterday, the craving for tasty food got the better of me and Radha and we decided to eat out at a nearby restaurant - our thought process being that we will watch out for non-pranic food.

At the restaurant, we asked the waiter for items that were "safe" - and to our surprise, he mentioned that all dishes are custom made, so we could specify our requirements. With detailed instructions, we ordered for "channa masala" and double-confirmed our requirements. In the end it turned out that it had a lot of onion in it. Besides, I am double sure that it had ajinamoto (which is nothing but "MSG". I think this product needs a separate ad campaign as there are efforts on for popularizing this product. All along I was assuming MSG would be an "America" thing - I didn't expect this product to be a big hit so soon in India).

So there went; 20 days of Sadhana for a moment's stupidity.

One fortunate aspect of the incident was that I got a chance to see the effect of 20 days of pranic food only. The contrast was startling - the effect of the "channa masala" lasted for nearly 12 hours. At least we turned a little bit wiser with our error - I hope.

No comments:

 
Web Analytics