Sunday, December 10, 2006

Kinesiology, Dr Hawkins and Calibrations...

Of all the topics "out there", I find the concept of determining "Truth vs Falsehood" through kinesiology most interesting and baffling.

Part of the bafflement is how Dr Hawkins is portrayed, both by himself and by several of his admirers / followers. When you read / listen to his work, you get the feeling he is "enlightened" - btw, this is a logical conclusion, not intuitive.

But then, so many other errors, inconsistencies or just a plan uneasy feeling of "something is not right" creeps in.

I see a lot of truth and application for the concept of his "Map of Consciousness". Each level of truth / calibration has it's own "hum" or "frequency". I can sense this in more than one occasion. For instance, watching "Hearts in Atlantis" and "The Insider", I can feel the former at a higher vibrational frequency - or in other terms it calibrates higher. This is reflected in so many situations, meeting people, objects we interact with, words we use, attitudes we demonstrate and so on. I guess, most of us are / were intuitively aware of this fact, but it took Dr Hawkins to come up with this crystal clear mapping to show where each one exactly fits. I was, and still am, so much caught up in this.

Where things get a little disturbing are with the actual calibrations that DH comes up with and bases so much of his conclusions upon. Some of these appear totally counter intuitive to me. For example, he calibrates JK at under 200 (which is not even integrous if you look at his map). If you have ever read JK, you will know that it is just not true. Ditto with Osho. Also, calibrating people at a certain level is a little discomforting, because people don't behave the same way at all times. We are compassionate some times (500+), logical some times (400-500) or just plain afraid (100 or so). It was very striking to see DH come up with a logic to calibrate Einstein at 499 (the border of logic and love). Yet it was the same Einstein who said, "There are two ways to live your Life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle." (a deeply Spiritual way to look at Life). Read the quotes here and it will be clear that he was not some one who was stuck in logic. We can also discuss a few other examples - like Eckhart Tolle. Personally for me, he was / is one of the deepest imparters of truth and possesses amazing clarity and insight into things. He is calibrated at 240 (LOL) while, I personally would calibrate his "The Power of Now" at 600+.

In summary, I feel that DH's work on the calibrations (the concept, the map) is very deep and insightful. I am grateful for this contribution. But he as a person is not free of biases, judgments and errors. His "Power vs Force" is very deep and insightful work, but I would like to treat him like a scientist who comes up with something but he himself is not free of biases and judgments. See this link for one more instance (of course, this is personal and subjective).

And the technique itself is something that I cannot come to a conclusion upon. For now, I just have my intuition to rely upon. There is no way (at least not in my current awareness) that I can vouch for something that comes up with an "objective number irrespective of my current opinions or feelings" on any given topic / subject - more so given the above discrepancies I see.

I would continue to go to DH for his future work, but I guess there ends the fascination I had with the "person".

14 comments:

Rob said...

Before being calibrated at 240, Tolle was somewhere at 500+. When he was calibrated at 240 it was after a drop. The Power of Now calibrates at a highly integrous 556 and A New Earth calibrates at 480. I expect that Eckhart's consciousness has probably risen substantially again, and I expect that the project he is doing with Oprah in the coming weeks will be highly integrous.
Deepak Chopra is another who dropped in level, from about LoC 500 down to 195 in 2004 (might have recovered in the meantime, but it happens...even ramesh Balsekar dropped from the 700s).

-Rob

Rob said...

a person's calibration is a measure of their overall spiritual intention...if one operates from 'reason' or 'anger' temporarily while they themselves calibrate at say, 350, it does not change their calibration (spiritual intention) which is relatively stable.
Also, someone at LoC 150 can recite verses from high calibrating sources, but that does not change his spiritual intention/calibration. So it is for spiritual teachers who have dropped...they carry on serving as spiritual teachers, because that is what they do...
The change in calibration reflects a change in what they have become, not in what they do. The calibrations of the teachings may stay high...but over time they will drop as the influence of the teacher's consciousness distorts them. Fortunately for truth-seekers, it is not a big deal, because it is Truth, and not the teacher that is the focus of one's devotion. Even though I have a great love for Dr. Hawkins, it is primarily the Truth of the teachings that I am interested in.
In any case, I think this discussion is too big for the comments section on a blog. Feel free to visit www.level-of-consciousness.org for further inquiries. I post there as 'Robcore'. (there are also a few threads with lists of films and music calibrations - I am also developing a database of my own calibrations of those as well which I will share in the future on my blog).
In Peace,

-Rob

Anonymous said...

You seem to view calibrations as judgments, which is a common error people make. It is natural to oversimplify the idea of "levels" in order to make them fit into a personal scheme but when we actually CHANGE LEVELS, the transformation is so drastic that it makes you see how major differences can go entirely unnoticed by a casual outside observer. The transformation can make you lose your hasty tendency to make judgments and you can begin to see how any numbers could easily be correct. This, I think, is the most valuable part of Hawkins teaching and the "biases" may just as likely be your own.

Deepak said...

"Anonymous" (why anonymous, by the way?)
Your point (that the bias may be mine) is taken. All I am saying is that I have no way to distinguish between the two. So, while the map holds great value to me, when I say something with a calibration, I have to take it with doubt.

Reality Creator said...

The levels or "vibes" of people change throughout life. Its really as simple as that imo.

I would also agree that Hawkins is not free of bias...I dont think he has ever claimed that he is. It would seem muscle-testing is free of bias, humans are not. The muscle-tester tends to distort the result. With Hawkins this distortion seems to be minimal, but its still there sometimes. No-BODY is perfect:-)

Deepak said...

Reality Creator,
I tend to cringe at some of his values - they dont gel well with me (Osho, JK etc).

But thanks for saying whatever you said. Makes sense!

Wordless Lyrics said...

I have read several of Hawkins' books and have enjoyed them. The thing that always stood out to me as questionable was the calibrations of things he was associated with. They always seemed to be on the higher side compared to other things of the same nature. One example is the religion of his childhood calibrates higher than other religions in Christianity. Not having any "stake" in one being higher than another, this stood out to me as questionable.

I like the idea of being able to calibrate things, but many calibrations don't feel at all right. I'm not convinced in the reliability of the method. Ultimately people always must choose from somewhere inside them what to put their faith in. I'm not willing just to hand that power over to Hawkins or any other person. I personally will take what Hawkins says (calibrates) with a grain of salt and rely on my inner voice. :D

Deepak said...

"Wordless Lyrics", my thoughts are similar!

Deepak said...

"Wordless Lyrics", my thoughts are similar!

Wordless Lyrics said...

I have read several of Hawkins' books and have enjoyed them. The thing that always stood out to me as questionable was the calibrations of things he was associated with. They always seemed to be on the higher side compared to other things of the same nature. One example is the religion of his childhood calibrates higher than other religions in Christianity. Not having any "stake" in one being higher than another, this stood out to me as questionable.

I like the idea of being able to calibrate things, but many calibrations don't feel at all right. I'm not convinced in the reliability of the method. Ultimately people always must choose from somewhere inside them what to put their faith in. I'm not willing just to hand that power over to Hawkins or any other person. I personally will take what Hawkins says (calibrates) with a grain of salt and rely on my inner voice. :D

Reality Creator said...

The levels or "vibes" of people change throughout life. Its really as simple as that imo.

I would also agree that Hawkins is not free of bias...I dont think he has ever claimed that he is. It would seem muscle-testing is free of bias, humans are not. The muscle-tester tends to distort the result. With Hawkins this distortion seems to be minimal, but its still there sometimes. No-BODY is perfect:-)

Taz said...

Not even Jesus... Huh?
And now Hawkins.
Pheew! who knew, enlightened people are NOT enlightened after all. Now I feel am okay, maybe even a saint... just like them. Because, like Reality Creator said- and am sure he knows- N0-Body is perfect.


I'll tell you whats perfect?
Telling Christ, buddha or others "f%$#@k you, you are not as hot as people think" and doing it in a way that seems just so, so innocent. what? and a smiley face too! Ooo! so cute.
Now thats perfect.

Taz said...

Projection, projection, projection... Just read your second paragraph, and see how many assumptions of "I know I am right cos I know" are running half of your sentences. As for the other half, your naivety of never looking deeper than skin into things, had caused you to reject anything true if it doesn't go to your like. Your heroes, your history idols... etc.
I am sorry but I couldn't not comment on the "Personally for me..." part. Aha! thats your ego voicing its belief to be a spiritual equal. Or at least thats how it would sounds in a Tolle's style, with his finger pointing at you and his signature smile.

I would've done myself a favor if I were you Deepak, and re-read my last sentence.
After that connect the part that says "current awareness" being not enough with the part you wrote at the end that says"any given topic/subject."

Unknown said...

Where are you reading the figure of 240 for Eckhart Tolle from? Which book or DVD is it in?

 
Web Analytics